Sunday, November 21, 2010

The media is the massage.

So says the great Marshall McLuhan...

The importance of adding media to a site (audio, video or images) is help to convey ideas through more than just text alone. Even if it means having to use another's work (especially by giving credit where credit's due), an idea can be built upon from another's work. I know, because I visit YouTube almost regularly not just to be entertained, but also gain an understanding of what the videos in my subscriptions are trying to tell me.

Sure, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but a video certainly goes above and beyond... but who am I to judge?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that multimedia does provide an enjoyable experience. However, we have to caution on adding too much multimedia so that your message gets lost.

    ReplyDelete